Saturday, June 15, 2013

21 weeks

 I APOLOGIZE FOR THE LENGTH OF TIME I HAVE BEEN M.I.A.  THE FIRST TRIMESTER OF MY PREGNANCY WAS EVERYTHING NO ONE TELLS YOU ABOUT. 
I WAS EXTREMELY FATIGUED. I COULD NOT GET OUT OF BED FOR THE FIRST THREE MONTHS, EATING WAS THE MOST DIFFICULT THING IN THE WORLD SINCE EVERYTHING GAVE OFF A NOXIOUS SMELL TO ME, I WAS NAUSEOUS AND DIZZY, AND JUST ONE HUGE MISERABLE MESS. I HAD HORRIBLE 'BABY BRAIN'. I COULDN'T FOCUS ON ANYTHING, I WOULD CONSTANTLY ZONE OUT WITHOUT REALIZING IT WAS HAPPENING. I ACTUALLY GOT OUT OF THE CAR ONCE, CLOSED THE DOOR TO GO TO A STORE WHILE THE KEYS WERE STILL IN THE IGNITION AND THE CAR WAS STILL RUNNING. IT WAS LIKE I WAS IN A DAZE. THEN THERE WAS THE DAY WERE I SLICED MY FINGER ONA BUTCHER KNIFE BECAUSE I THOUGHT THE KNIFE HAD 'CRACKS' IN IT AND I WAS TRYING TO 'FEEL' THEM. HOW RIDICULOUS!
I AM INTO THE SECOND TRIMESTER NOW AND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO IS ASTOUNDING. I AM ABLE TO FUNCTION PROPERLY AGAIN. ALTHOUGH I AM STILL TIRED, THE SMELL OF GARLIC STILL MAKES ME GAG, AND MY BACK AND STOMACH OFTEN HURT WHEN I STAND OR SIT FOR TOO LONG.
SINCE MY LAST POST I HAVE FOUND OUT THE SEX OF THE BABY AND HAVE STARTED TO FEEL HER MOVE ON A REGULAR BASIS. YES, IT IS A GIRL. LITTLE ANYA (PRONOUNCED 'AHN-YA'...LIKE THE WINNER OF PROJECT RUNWAY'S NAME) MONROE LOPEZ. WHEN I SAW HER MOVE FOR THE FIRST TIME ON THE SONOGRAM I STARTED CRYING. SHE MOVED HER LITTLE HAND FROM HER HEAD TO HER MOUTH, IT WAS AMAZING. 
I HAVE NOT PURCHASED ANY MATERNITY CLOTHES...WHY? BECAUSE I HATE THEM ALL. THEY ARE ALL SO EXPENSIVE AND SO NOT FOR ME. SO INSTEAD I LOOK FOR CLOTHING ITEMS I CAN FIT INTO NOW AND AFTER , LIKE THIS JUMPER FROM ZARA. I FIND THAT I AM IN DRESSES AND ROMPERS MOST OF THE TIME: COMFORTABLE AND STYLISH.




JUMPER- ZARA|  HEELS- TOPSHOP



LITTLE ANYA MONROE WITH HER LEG STRETCHED OVER HER HEAD 


9 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear how ill you felt during your first trimester - at least you feel much better now! You're so stylish-ly dressed for a pregnant woman, and I just love your hair!

    http://cequisuit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I am so happy to be feeling even a modicum of my old self =)

      Delete
  2. Ahhh pregnancy sounds hard!!!! But you are still glowing! Congrats on the girl - here's hoping it will all continue smoothly!

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing!!!!!))))))Wish you the best. No doubt your daughter will be as beautiful as you are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wooow congrats dear !!! So pretty and so cute ^^

    http://www.benedictemagen.com/
    http://www.benedictemagen.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pregnancy becomes you. That last picture of you could be a magazine spread shot.

    wishing you and baby Anya (love her name!) all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in love with your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!! :) You are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete